Keeping up with education trends, best practices and legal issues is imperative for your career. Through our Professional Learning department, POE provides a variety of educational opportunities to help make your life easier. We invite you to take advantage of these great benefits offered by POE.
POE’s licensed attorneys specialize in Oklahoma labor, employment and education law. From social media issues to hot topics in education law to bullying and classroom violence, POE’s legal team is available to train on a variety of topics. View our Professional Learning catalog for more legal topics.
With fall and spring workshops, POE provides updates to finance leaders to help you meet your annual 12-hour training requirement. Typically held in Norman, the workshops cover the latest financial trends and laws, as well as provide an opportunity for finance leaders across the state to network with their peers.
If you need POE to bring training to your school, we offer a variety or site-based workshops. These include Trauma-Informed Training, Professional Learning Communities, Response to Intervention, and Information Management for Your Classroom or Site:
- Trauma-Informed Training: Introductory overview training, Implementation at your school site or somewhere in between. Find out about the latest research on children with ACE scores and how educators can effectively serve them to break generational barriers.
- Professional Learning Communities: How to effectively begin and maintain these vital groups in your building.
- Response To Intervention: Frameworks for your classroom or building. How to manage RTI data that will ensure learning and progress for each of your students.
- Information Management for Your Classroom or Site: Learn how to keep your stakeholders involved and informed in the events surrounding your classroom and school.
- Sheri to add additional workshop title
Let us know your individual learning goals and we will research best practices to work with you on your goals to be the best educator you can be.
POE’s Director of Professional Learning, Sheri Bennett, is available for one-on-one coaching sessions for members who need help with any school building learning requests. Having spent 15 years in education, Bennett is a long-time educator and administrator. She is equipped to help you with Classroom management, RTI implementation and PLC frameworks, just to name a few topics.
Contact POE today to arrange for Professional Learning. A majority of POE’s Professional Learning opportunities are available at little or no cost. You can email PL@apoe.org or call 405-701-5990 or 888-331-2762.
- Professional Learning Catalog
- COVID-19 and Education Resources
- POE Bite-Sized Learning Blog
- Teachable Tuesdays