Professional Oklahoma Educators (POE) serves the needs of teachers, paraprofessionals, administrators, college and university education majors, retired educators and all public education employees in Oklahoma. We fight for schools and education on the state and national levels.
Learn more about POE
- POE was founded in 1988 by Olan Isbell who served as POE’s first President.
- POE provides critical liability insurance and legal protection at an affordable cost without all the partisan politics and controversial social issues.
- POE is a nonprofit, professional organization. It is not a labor union.
- POE is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of classroom teachers, retired educators and business leaders.
- POE is nonpartisan, enabling it to work with all political parties in the pursuit of positive educational change.
- POE lobbies on issues related to education only. It does not endorse or make contributions to political candidates or political causes.
- POE is a statewide education organization, and the organization does not pay dues to any national organizations.
- POE offers quality professional learning opportunities to members and other education personnel.
Visit our membership page for more information about Professional Oklahoma Educators’ services and member benefits.
State Officers and Board of Directors
POE’s Board meets quarterly to govern policy and procedure issues and guide the Executive Director, who employs and manages POE staff to carry out the association’s mission.
POE is guided by a set of six core values that help us carry out our mission.
The POE Foundation serves as a support organization for POE and provides valuable educational training and services to teachers and students across the state.