With a focus on education issues only, POE’s government relations team works on behalf of our members to pursue positive educational change. As a nonpartisan organization, POE is the only teacher association in Oklahoma whose members direct all lobbying efforts through annual and special legislative surveys. We believe it is out duty to speak for our members rather than in place of them.
- We Work for You
- Focus only on educational issues
- Advocate for education at the local, state and national levels
- Track legislation from first filing to the Governor’s office
- Provides weekly updates via Capitol Corner newsletter during the legislative session
- Annual Membership Survey
- Designed to collect your views on a variety of important education issues
- Results are used to develop POE’s legislative platform
- Report results to legislators, members and the media
Contact the Government Relations team if you need additional information. You can also learn more about POE’s Government Relations activities by visiting our advocacy blog, Capitol Corner.