Brought to you by the Professional Oklahoma Educators Foundation
- Do you need professional development that will help you feel ready and recharged for the fall?
- Do you need a boost or need help in revitalizing your teaching strategy?
- Are you a new classroom teacher or plan to begin your teaching career in the fall?
The past two years have been tough, so whether you need a little motivation or if you found your classroom has been a little more challenging, “Teach Like A Veteran; Equipping Teachers for Success” is the answer. The training is available for all grade levels, K-12.
“Teach Like a Veteran; Equipping Teachers for Success” is designed to:
- Equip teachers for great success in the classroom
- Help teachers improve instruction
- Provide new teachers with best practices, tips and advice that will help them in the classroom
Mark your calendar for Tuesday, July 12:
- The daylong event will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., with breakfast, lunch, snacks and materials included
- Moore Norman Technology Center, 13301 South Penn Ave. Oklahoma City 73170
Who should attend:
- Educators who are new hires
- Teachers who may need a little rejuvenation
- Educators who are alternatively certified
- Those who need help with classroom discipline/management, instruction and communication
- Student POE members who are currently in the classroom or plan to be employed in the near future
Our keynote speaker is L. Kobie Da Wiz, a national speaker and educator. He is an award-winning author, poet, speaker, presenter, storyteller, edutainer, master teacher, and powerful transformer of schools and organizations. He ingeniously converts resistance to change into receptiveness for growth.
L. Kobie Da Wiz will be joined by the following award-winning Oklahoma educators who will conduct breakout sessions for elementary, junior high and high school teachers:
- Jon Hazell, Durant
- Elaine Hutchison, Fairview
- Jessica Thompson, Kingston
- Hal Clary, Noble
- Sonya Covalt, Woodward
- Sheila Treadwell, Snyder
- POE Student Members – $25
- POE Members – $80
- Nonmembers – $100
- Cost includes breakfast and lunch
This is a top-notch workshop that is well worth the investment. If you have any questions, please call Devin at 405-701-5990 or 888-331-2763. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.